Mapping the Ruffalo Noel Levitz Satisfaction-Priorities Surveys to the NEASC Standards for Accreditation
Many institutions rely upon the Ruffalo Noel Levitz suite of satisfaction and priorities survey results to demonstrate the fulfillment of institutional accreditation requirements. In the region served by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges Commission on Institutions of Higher Education (NEASC-CIHE) – Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont – NEASC-accredited colleges and universities are responsible for showing fulfillment of the Standards of Accreditation. Ruffalo Noel Levitz student surveys can help!
The PDF documents available via the links below show the survey items mapped to the NEASC-CIHE requirements, tailored specifically to each Ruffalo Noel Levitz survey. Please note:
- In early 2016 NEASC has revised and restructured its accreditation requirements which are effective July 1, 2016. The old requirements had been in effect from 2011. The documents accessed from this webpage reflect the 2016 revised NEASC requirements and their new numbering.
- NEASC-CIHE requirements are stated in their booklet “Standards for Accreditation” published January 2016. There are nine Standards in all. The numbering in the mappings provided here follows the NEASC scheme: the first digit represents the Standard, the digits after the decimal represent the subitem under the Standard. Thus, for example, “4.02” is the second numbered sub-item under Standard Four – The Academic Program.
- In the PDFs available for download, the text of some NEASC requirements has been lightly edited and/or truncated, especially if the original text is more than 20 words. Key words and phrases from the original have been preserved and will lend itself to quick recognition. Please see the original full text from NEASC-CIHE of the Standards and their sub-items in order to understand any given requirement in its entirety.
- Not all NEASC-CIHE Standards refer to processes that students can experience, so not all Standards and sub-items have been listed with a survey item affiliated. For example, it is not evident that students can know the full extent or direct effects of institutional long-range planning, so no such survey items have been mapped to that requirement.
- The PDF documents reflect the Ruffalo Noel Levitz survey item number and the text of the item as it appears on the RNL survey instrument. Survey items are grouped under the Standards they support. Only the Ruffalo Noel Levitz survey items which students rate for “Importance” and/or “Satisfaction” have these mappings.
- Most relationships in these mappings should be self-evident. Mapped relationships between a survey item and NEASC-CIHE requirements may be either direct or indirect. For example, not only do students experience instructional and support services directly, but also, the institutional training programs for faculty and staff indirectly affect the quality of the services that students experience. The mappings are meant to be illustrative, not comprehensive and definitive.
- The final section of the document lists survey items – especially the campus-created survey items – which must be related to NEASC-CIHE requirements at the discretion of the survey user.
- Questions about these documents or the survey instruments? Please contact Ruffalo Noel Levitz.
Ruffalo Noel Levitz survey items mapped to the NEASC-CIHE Standards of Accreditation
Download the appropriate document(s) based on the survey version(s) you are using on your campus:
- SSI four-year college and university version Form A
- SSI four-year college and university version Form B
- SSI community, junior, and technical college version Form A
- SSI community, junior, and technical college version Form B
- SSI career and private school version Form A
- SSI career and private school version Form B
- Adult Student Priorities Survey
- Priorities Survey for Online Learners
- Adult Learner Inventory four-year version
- Adult Learner Inventory community college version