Assess the priorities of campus administrators, staff, and faculty with their perceptions of the student experience
Keep your retention initiatives on track by using the Institutional Priorities Survey, the parallel to the Student Satisfaction Inventory™ for faculty, administration, and staff.
Using the two surveys simultaneously reveals areas of agreement and disagreement between students and campus personnel, so you can:
- Confirm further the accuracy of your students’ perceptions
- Identify areas for new initiatives that will be well-received campuswide (see illustration)
- Gain an understanding of your campus climate from a faculty/staff perspective
By knowing which issues everyone agrees are important, you’ll be prepared to implement programs that are well-received, and you’ll learn when advance work is necessary to bring particular campus audiences on board with the rest.
Compare perceptions of parents
Learn about the Parent Satisfaction Inventory™, another survey from RNL that allows you to compare the perceptions of students and parents.
See samples and order the Institutional Priorities Survey
See survey samples
- Four-year college/university sample
- Four-year college results report sample
- Target group report (optional report)
- Year-to-year report (optional report)
Additional Solutions for Student Success
RNL Student Success™
Discover the most comprehensive way to nurture and develop successful students from pre-enrollment through graduation.
RNL Student Retention Predictor™
Identify student retention risk factors through advanced analytics.
RNL Retention Management System Plus™
Increase retention and completion with these early-alert and motivational assessments.