Resources for Accreditation
Ruffalo Noel Levitz offers standardized assessment tools, custom survey instruments,
consulting services and research to help you with your preparations for accreditation,
reaffirmation, and self-studies. Whether you are new to the process or have experience and
are looking for new options, Ruffalo Noel Levitz can assist you.
The Satisfaction and Priorities Surveys
These standardized instruments gather data from students on their satisfaction levels as well as what is most important to them. The results identify campus areas for celebration and improvement. When administered annually or every other year, the data reflect where satisfaction levels have improved significantly. The reports also include national data for comparison. Within this family of surveys are instruments for various populations:
- Student Satisfaction Inventory, the instrument for traditional students, available in versions for four-year colleges and universities, community colleges and career schools;
- Institutional Priorities Survey, the companion to the Student Satisfaction Inventory, assesses campus personnel;
- Adult Student Priorities Survey, used by many graduate and adult undergraduate programs;
- Adult Learner Inventory, for students 25 and older, with more of an undergraduate focus;
- Priorities Survey for Online Learners, for students in online distance learning programs;
- Parent Satisfaction Inventory, a companion to the four-year Student Satisfaction Inventory, for the parents of currently enrolled students.
The Research Toolkit gives you an efficient, affordable resource for conducting campus research. Tools cover a wide range of research topics—from residence hall surveys to alumni surveys to competition studies. You receive the data in an organized tabulation report that you can use right away. Of particular interest:
- College Employee Satisfaction Survey, which measures satisfaction of faculty, staff, and administrators in areas such as institutional mission and planning, level of support, and resources to accomplish objectives; campus communications; and work environment;
- Alumni Survey, which measures satisfaction and activities of students 5-10 years after graduation;
- Employer Satisfaction Survey, measures graduate outcomes from employers’ perspectives;
- And many other tools for particular populations.
Custom Research Projects
Our custom research projects can include such elements as telephone and written surveys; in-depth interviews; predictive modeling; geodemography; focus groups; environmental scans; awareness and opinion measurement; research-based publications and websites; and audits of current practices, programs, and communications. We have experience conducting small, medium, and large market research projects that are highly customized to each institution, campus, and system. Our research has helped institutions take the actions they needed to be more competitive.
Our experienced consultants can help you plan and implement actions that meet your goals for assessment and improvement.
to discuss your goals and needs. Call us at 800-876-1117 or email us:
Julie Bryant, associate vice president for retention solutions, with expertise in the satisfaction-priorities surveys;
Kathryn Karford, assistant vice president, with expertise in the Research Toolkit and custom research project.
Related Resources and Solutions
The Student Satisfaction Inventory (SSI) gives you a powerful tool to improve the quality of student life and learning. It measures student satisfaction and priorities, showing you how satisfied students are as well as what issues are important to them.