Student Satisfaction Inventory™ (SSI)Strengthen the quality of the student experience through precise, comprehensive satisfaction assessment
The Student Satisfaction Inventory gives you a powerful tool to improve the quality of student life and learning. It measures student satisfaction and priorities, showing you how satisfied students are as well as what issues are important to them. Use this data to:
- Guide strategic action planning
- Strengthen student retention initiatives
- Meet accreditation requirements
- Identify areas of strength for institutional marketing
- Chart your progress toward campus goals
What campuses say about using the data from the Student Satisfaction Inventory
"We have conducted the SSI four times since 2003. The results were used in writing our Academic Quality Improvement Project (AQIP) Systems Portfolios for the Higher Learning Commission. The data have shown how we have improved our services to students over time. [Ruffalo Noel Levitz] is a valuable partner with the assistance they provide in conducting the survey and with the consultation on how to use the results to improve."
— Michael J. Gagner, Director of Institutional Effectiveness
Blackhawk Technical College (WI)
“The Student Satisfaction Inventory from RNL is in my opinion the most helpful and applicable national survey that we sent out. It is my favorite.”
— Heather Chapman, PhD, Director of Institutional Effectiveness
Weber State University (UT)
“As Coordinator of Retention, I could not be more pleased with our relationship with RNL. Everyone we worked with has been absolutely first rate – extraordinarily helpful, consummately professional, and exceedingly cordial. I would recommend RNL services to other institutions without hesitation or qualification.”
— Steve Lerch, Interim Retention Coordinator (ret.)
Radford University (VA)
Choose from versions for every type of college student and campus
The Student Satisfaction Inventory is available in online and paper formats, with versions for specific institution types. See samples of all versions.
You can also choose additional Satisfaction-Priorities Surveys for key campus populations:
- Institutional Priorities Survey, the companion to the Student Satisfaction Inventory, this survey assesses campus personnel
- Adult Student Priorities Survey, used by many graduate and continuing education programs
- Adult Learner Inventory for students 25 and older, with more of an undergraduate focus
- Priorities Survey for Online Learners for students in online distance learning programs
- Parent Satisfaction Inventory, a companion to the four-year Student Satisfaction Inventory, for the parents of currently enrolled students
Receive national benchmark comparisons
The Ruffalo Noel Levitz Satisfaction-Priorities Surveys have been taken by more than 5,500,000 students at 2,700 campuses, giving you access to exceptionally valid and varied national benchmarks.
After using the Student Satisfaction Inventory, you receive detailed reports about the responses for your campus. You also have a host of customizable options for data tracking and additional reporting. Plus, your campus receives the National Student Satisfaction and Priorities Report, complete with results categorized by institution type. Review our samples to see the data you receive.
Implementation and accreditation support
For information on administering the Student Satisfaction Inventory, see our implementation guidelines and frequently-asked questions. The SSI is used by many campuses and is mapped to the Southern Association of Colleges Schools (SACS) criteria, the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (HLC) criteria, Middle States (MSCHE), the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC), and the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS) criteria. See the accreditation page for more details.
These reports provide national benchmarks for student satisfaction and discuss how student satisfaction plays a direct role in student retention:
Additional solutions for Student Success
RNL Student Success™
Discover the most comprehensive way to nurture and develop successful students from pre-enrollment through graduation.
RNL Student Retention Predictor™
Identify student retention risk factors through advanced analytics.
RNL Retention Management System Plus™
Increase retention and completion with these early-alert and motivational assessments.
- Student Satisfaction Inventory™ for traditional-aged undergraduate students.
- Institutional Priorities Survey™ for administrators, faculty, and staff.
- Adult Learner Inventory™ for undergraduate students 25+ enrolled at adult-learning-focused institutions.
- Adult Student Priorities Survey™ for graduate students and adult undergraduate students as well as adult students in weekend, evening, and continuing education courses.
- Priorities Survey for Online Learners™ for students in online distance learning programs.
- Parent Satisfaction Inventory™ for parents of college students at four-year institutions.