First things first, place your order:
To move forward with an online administration of the Satisfaction-Priorities Survey, the first step is to place your order via the web (SSI, ASPS, PSOL, IPS, PSI) or email Shannon.Cook@RuffaloNL.com. Select the band for the number of students you plan to invite, which will show your flat rate fee.
Once your order is received, our Student Success Tech team will follow up with you via email in roughly 5 business days, giving you access to your online administration account. At that time, you will be able to upload (or provide to us to upload) your survey customization. Note: your customization is NOT needed at the time you place your order.
What we will need from you (after your order is placed):
1. Recipient file containing email address, first name, and last name to be loaded into your survey administration page.
2. Email message(s) including your send dates, subject line and sender, as well as the body of email, to be entered into your survey administration page (unless you are not sending email messages from our system).
3. Optional Survey Customization to be completed at your survey administration page.
- Campus Defined Items: 10 positive statements (20 for ASPS) rated on importance and satisfaction.
- Campus Defined Demographic Questions: Two multiple choice questions where the survey recipient selects from one of the (up to) six responses provided.
- Programs/Majors (we strongly recommend using): an unlimited list of programs/majors you offer.
Formulate a multi-touch plan. Research indicates that people need up to seven touches (or exposures to an idea) to take action. We have found that local campus outreach in addition to the email invitation is crucial in your completion rates. Review our information on strong response rates found below.
Note about incentives. If you offer an incentive, upon close of your survey administration, you can login to your admin page (select “Closed” at the top) and go to the Audience section within your portal. Here you can Export Recipients and see who has completed the survey.
A sample of the recipient file can be found at the link provided.
Sample email text can be found at the link provided. Be sure to avoid SPAM and leave the merge fields.
Customization - Program/Majors
A sample of the program/major file can be found at the link provided.
Customization - Demographic Items
Up to two multiple choice questions or statements that provide up to six options to select one response from. (character restrictions: 109 characters per question and 40 characters per response).
Customization - Campus Defined Items
10 positive statements (20 for ASPS) that may be rated on importance and satisfaction (125 character limit per question). Contact Shannon Cook for examples.
Customization - NEW - Campus Defined Items
We have new COVID and Racial/Ethnicity items for your consideration. If you opt to use some of these statements, you will need to swap them out with your previous campus defined items. For items you want to maintain, make sure to keep them in their same survey position.