Adult Learner InventoryLearn how satisfied your adult students are and what's most important to them
The Adult Learner Inventory is an ideal satisfaction assessment for adult students completing undergraduate programs. It is a web-based survey that shows how satisfied your students are, and what's most important to them. This combination helps you pinpoint both your institution's strengths and areas for improvement.
ALI sample reports
Optional report samples
The survey is based on the Principles of Effectiveness for Serving Adult Learners from CAEL (Council for Adult and Experiential Learning). The survey items contribute to the eight scales based on these principles:
- Life and Career Planning
- Assessment of Learning Outcomes
- Teaching-Learning Process
- Student Support Systems
As with all the Ruffalo Noel Levitz Satisfaction-Priorities Surveys, you also receive national satisfaction data with the Adult Learner Inventory.
(For graduate students, continuing education students, and evening/weekend learners at other types of institutions, use the Adult Student Priorities Survey instead.)
Part of the ALFI program
The Adult Learner Inventory is one component of CAEL's Adult Learning Focused Institution (ALFI) Coalition. Along with the Institutional Self-Assessment Survey, this inventory helps institutions serve adult students more effectively.
Learn how to administer the Adult Learner Inventory by reading these implementation guidelines (PDF).
Read the Adult Learner Reports to learn about the satisfaction and priorities of thousands of adult students in undergraduate programs.
Additional solutions for Student Success
RNL Student Success™
Discover the most comprehensive way to nurture and develop successful students from pre-enrollment through graduation.
RNL Student Retention Predictor™
Identify student retention risk factors through advanced analytics.
RNL Retention Management System Plus™
Increase retention and completion with these early-alert and motivational assessments.
- Student Satisfaction Inventory™ for traditional-aged undergraduate students.
- Institutional Priorities Survey™ for administrators, faculty, and staff.
- Adult Learner Inventory™ for undergraduate students 25+ enrolled at adult-learning-focused institutions.
- Adult Student Priorities Survey™ for graduate students and adult undergraduate students as well as adult students in weekend, evening, and continuing education courses.
- Priorities Survey for Online Learners™ for students in online distance learning programs.
- Parent Satisfaction Inventory™ for parents of college students at four-year institutions.