Explore the latest strategies, research, and solutions for graduate and online enrollment
Virtual Conference | February 22, 2024
In today’s disrupted higher education environment, colleges and universities need to build a long-term and transformational revenue stream. Now is time to lean into growing your graduate and online populations, but with a better business model.
RNL’s Graduate and Online Innovation Summit will share research, strategies, and solutions that will enable you to:
- Navigate the current challenges of online and graduate enrollment.
- Tap into cutting-edge digital marketing to engage prospective students.
- Position your programs more strategically to maximize enrollment.
- Meet the expectations of students during the recruitment process.
- Achieve long-term institutional sustainability.
Join us for this one-day virtual online and graduate enrollment summit. You’ll learn directly from experienced college and university leaders who are leveraging data-informed strategies to drive higher enrollment through omnichannel engagement.
Graduate and Online Summit Fee
Only $99 per person
Bring a team to spark discussion and create momentum for implementing new strategies.
Who should attend?
- President or Chancellor
- Chief Enrollment Officer/Vice President for Enrollment
- Provost or Chief Academic Officer
- Chief Fiscal Officer
- Chief Marketing Officer
Agenda is subject to change
10:00 – 10:10 a.m. CT
Welcome and Introduction
- Naomi Brezi, Chief Revenue Officer, RNL
10:10 – 10: 45 a.m. CT
6 “Must-Do” Strategies to Win
Take a high-level tour through key dynamics of today’s graduate and online education markets—the only areas of growth in today’s higher education market. We will then move on to six strategies that institutions need to have in place in order to compete successfully for today’s demanding graduate and online students.
- Reena Lichtenfeld, Vice President of Consulting Services, RNL
- Andrea Carroll-Glover, Vice President and Senior Consultant, RNL
- Emily Wood, Vice President for Instructional Design, RNL
- Scott Jeffe, Vice President of Research, Graduate and Online, RNL
10:45 – 11:30 a.m. CT
When the Program Is the Problem: Avoiding Mistakes in Program Design
Aggressive enrollment goals are today’s default. Often, institutions achieve these goals through savvy and creative marketing and recruitment efforts. In other cases, even the best tactics do not result in enrollments. Why? Because marketing and recruitment efforts are only one piece to building a successful program that fosters student interest and enrollment. Today’s students have almost infinite choices, so programs that do not align with their expectations will struggle. What are those expectations? We will explore what RNL’s latest surveys of graduate and online students tell us about formats, schedules, structures, costs, and timeliness and then discuss how seasoned leaders have tackled these challenges to advance their programs and build buy-in for change.
- Erin Minsart, Vice President for Integrated Marketing, RNL
- Chelsea Hoffman, Vice President for Graduate and Online Partnerships
- Dr. Misti Kill, Vice Provost for Academic Affairs, Columbia Southern University
- Tom Heitman, Dean of Instructional Design and Technology, Columbia Southern University
11:30 – 12:15 a.m. CT
Innovating and Evolving in an Era of Change
Graduate (and online) programs that embrace innovation and change are well-placed for the times in which we are operating. But how can you most effectively foster creativity and forward-thinking in your processes, programs, and planning? In this session, we will talk with institutional leaders who have responded to challenges by creating an environment in which new ideas (and ways of doing things) are embraced. We will talk about successes as well as how to respond to things that don’t quite work as expected.
- Patricia Campbell, Dean, Benerd College
- David Kirschner, Associate Dean of Admissions, Financial Aid, and Innovation, Gould School of Law, University of Southern California
- Moderator: Nate Mouttet, Vice President for Graduate and Online Solutions, RNL
12:30 – 1:15 p.m. CT
Why You Won’t Solve Today’s Challenges Without AI.
Artificial intelligence has become a hot topic in higher education, and 2024 is proving to be the Year of AI. But what are the implications and applications for using AI in graduate and online enrollment? How can we use the power of AI responsibly to better meet the changing expectations of today’s students—so many of whom have been interacting with AI in other aspects of their lives? In this session, we will discuss the application of AI to three distinct institutional challenges today: the oncoming (and ongoing) enrollment challenge, the expectation of personalized marketing and recruitment, and the increasing dominance of online learning.
1:15 – 2:00 p.m. CT
Data-Driven Digital Strategy for Enrollment Success
In today’s digital age, leveraging data effectively can be the key to achieving enrollment goals while also optimizing budgets and efforts. RNL’s digital marketing strategists will delve into the processes and actions taken in their partnership with Johns Hopkins School of Engineering, which has resulted in more applications, admits, and enrollments year over year. Presenters will provide valuable insights and recommendations focused on leveraging best-in-class digital strategy and using optimal channels and platforms to reach enrollment targets.
- Dani Rollins, Vice President and Senior Consultant, RNL
- Anuja Siraj, Director of Digital Strategy, RNL
- Lisa Hearld, Client Success Director, RNL
2:00 – 2:45 p.m. CT
How Marketers and Recruiters Are Tracking Success
It has never been more important to ensure that your marketing strategies are having maximum impact. It is also critical to ensure that your recruitment practices produce the largest possible proportion of prospective students continuing through your “funnel” to enrollment. How do you make sure these things are happening? Measure and track the performance of everything you do and adjust accordingly. We will review what more than 200 institutional marketing and recruitment leaders told us in 2023 about how they are tracking the success of digital marketing tactics, monitoring the success of their recruitment efforts, and working together toward meeting goals.
- Sarah Myksin, Senior Vice President, RNL
- Shane Pruitt, Executive Consultant, RNL
- Michael Ritter, Senior Vice President, RNL
2:45 – 3:15 p.m. CT
Answering Your Questions
When you register for the event, you will be asked to write in the question you most need answered by the event. This will not only influence the development of content throughout the Summit, but it will also provide the basis for our closing session. All of our speakers will join us and answer as many of your questions as we can get through—and if we don’t get to yours, we will follow up after the event!
- Todd Abbott, Senior Vice President, Partnerships, RNL
- Scott Jeffe, Vice President of Research, Graduate and Online, RNL