LAUNCHING YOUR SATISFACTION PRIORITIES SURVEY
To get started, take a look at the Online Administration Introduction Tutorial Video for a walk-through of next steps and the SPS administration portal.
The following items will need to be completed at your Survey Administration Page (after you have been notified that your survey is setup):
1. Recipient file containing email address, first name, and last name to be loaded into your survey administration page.
2. Email message(s) including your send dates, subject line and sender, as well as the body of email, to be entered into your survey administration page (unless you are not sending email messages from our system). Feel free to send our Whitelisting documentation to your IT department to ensure your emails are delivered.
Note: we offer alternate options that can be used alone or in combination with emails. The alternate distribution methods are to:
- Distribute the unique links assigned to each student locally. The links are available within the Export Recipients button (under Audience).
- Distribute the Survey Specific URL. The Survey Specific URL (found on the Dashboard) must be used in conjunction with a unique passcode for each student. Within your recipient file, you must upload the passcode you wish to assign to each student.
Contact RNL if you would like more direction on these alternative methods, along with the additional considerations for each option.
3. Optional Survey Customization to be completed at your survey administration page.
- Campus Defined Items: 10 positive statements (20 for ASPS) rated on importance and satisfaction.
- Campus Defined Demographic Questions: Two multiple choice questions where the survey recipient selects from one of the (up to) six responses provided.
- Programs/Majors (we strongly recommend using): an unlimited list of programs/majors you offer.
Formulate a multi-touch plan. Research indicates that people need up to seven touches (or exposures to an idea) to take action. We have found that local campus outreach in addition to the email invitation is crucial in your completion rates. Review our information on strong response rates.
Note about incentives. If you offer an incentive, upon close of your survey administration, you can login to your admin page (select “Closed” at the top) and go to the Audience section within your portal. Here you can Export Recipients and see who has completed the survey.
Frequently Asked Questions
Answers to your most common questions can be found within our FAQ document.
A sample of the recipient file can be found at the link provided. Our video tutorial will walk you through the upload process.
Sample email text can be found at the link provided. Be sure to avoid SPAM and leave the merge fields. Our video tutorial will walk you through the setup process.
Customization - Program/Majors
A sample of the program/major file can be found at the link provided. Our video tutorial will walk you through the upload process.
Customization - Demographic Items
Up to two multiple choice questions or statements that provide up to six options to select one response from. (character restrictions: 109 characters per question and 40 characters per response).
Customization - Campus Defined Items
10 positive statements (20 for ASPS) that may be rated on importance and satisfaction (125 character limit per question). Contact Shannon Cook or review our Hybrid/Online, Wellness and Diversity, Equity, Inclusion items for your consideration. Our video tutorial will walk you through the upload process.
ADDITIONAL SATISFACTION-PRIORITIES SURVEYS RESOURCES
Head to our client resource page if you have questions about how to access, review, and share your SPS results.Client Resource page
Check out our RNL blogs page. You can search on Student Satisfaction or Student Success or any other topic of interest to you.Blogs
We invite you to join our Student Success LinkedIn Group. Find us at: RNL Student Success