The Research Toolkit™Make your institutional research efforts more efficient and cost-effective with 14 research instruments
The Research Toolkit gives you an efficient, affordable resource for conducting campus research. This series of research tools covers a range of common research topics—from residence halls and alumni to competition and employee satisfaction.
You can apply the findings to a variety of initiatives: brand building, student recruitment, retention, accreditation, marketing communications, and more.
The Research Toolkit provides 14 higher education research instruments
Student research instruments
- Inquiry Pool Survey for prospective students
- College Choice Survey for admitted students
- Senior Survey for students in their final semester
- Residence Hall Survey, which assesses residence hall conditions and residence life programming
- Withdrawing Student Survey for students who leave your campus before graduation
- Alumni Outcomes and Loyalty Survey to measure institutional success and alumni engagement
- Customized Cohort Survey to assess the college experiences of a student cohort of your choosing
Market research instruments
- Competition Study, which answers key questions about how your main competitors communicate with prospective students
- Employer Satisfaction Survey, measuring employer satisfaction with your institution's graduates
Decision-influencer research instruments
- Parent Survey for parents of prospective students
- High School Counselor Survey, which measures perceptions of your campus and activities of counselors
- Church Leader Survey of pastors, youth pastors, or other religious leaders who can influence student enrollment choices
- Parents of Younger/Recent Alumni
Campus personnel research instruments
- College Employee Satisfaction Survey, which measures satisfaction of faculty, staff, and administrators in areas such as institutional mission and planning; level of support and resources to accomplish objectives; campus communications; and work environment.
Interested in custom research?
Learn about our custom research services that allow you to design a research study from the ground up.
Ruffalo Noel Levitz also offers satisfaction-priorities surveys that reveal how levels of satisfaction and importance for items related to campus life and learning. There are surveys available for:
- Traditional students
- Adult learners
- Online learners
- Campus staff, faculty, and administrators
- Parents of current students
Strategy Roadmap solutions
RNL Market Research
Guide your enrollment decisions with solid research and data on academic demand, price sensitivity and cost, and other key areas.
RNL Strategic Enrollment Planning
Ensure long-term enrollment success and fiscal health by aligning your institution’s fiscal, academic, co-curricular, and enrollment resources with its changing environment.
RNL Comprehensive Consulting for Student Recruitment, Retention, and Financial Aid
Make your enrollment efforts more effective and efficient—from awareness to financial aid awarding to graduation.
RNL Web Strategy and Interactive Marketing Services
Drive online engagement and build connections that produce great enrollment results.