Kasey Urquidez from the University of Arizona Joins RNL@Home to Talk About Strategic Enrollment During COVID-19
We’re normally out on the road meeting with you on campus during these months, but we can’t do that right now. So, we welcome you once again to RNL@Home, the chance to spy on our video calls with enrollment, student success and fundraising leaders.
Kasey Urquidez, Vice President for Enrollment Management at the University of Arizona is a veteran at the institution. In this crisis, UA benefits from having a President who’s an MD, and strong campus partnerships with health sciences and the student support team. Their enrollment outreach efforts have included a lot of personal contact. RNL’s Jessica Mireles joins Kasey to hear about Arizona’s multi-tiered strategy to ensure current student success and recruit the incoming class.
How the University of Arizona is retaining and recruiting students in the COVID-19 crisis
- Personal contact with incoming students, across multiple channels, including over 500 webinars with students.
- Have a good virtual tour (of multiple areas including halls, labs and academic programs) in place. They even use Minecraft!
- Developing programs that include online and hybrid delivery in strategic areas of student interest.
- Providing direct and accessible information to both students and parents. This includes financial aid options.
- Engage across campus, from the president to student support to health services to make sure that key information gets out to families.
- Provide opportunities for social connection, regardless of the fall plans for on campus instruction.
The broad, campus-wide approach to engagement is a key part of the University’s success.