The Definitive Book on Strategic Enrollment Planning
Now in an extensively revised third edition
Strategic Enrollment Planning: A Dynamic Collaboration is the landmark book on the topic. This third edition has been updated to address the technological, demographic, and educational changes that have impacted colleges and universities.
Campuses with strategic plans are better prepared to face adversity, maintain success, and achieve their desired state. However, what many institutions see as “strategic” plans are often little more than wishful thinking or futile exercises that fail to achieve lasting, significant results.
This book presents a detailed examination of true strategic enrollment planning. Through our contributing authors’ campus and consulting experience, the book sheds light on this complex yet vital process that, when conducted correctly, transforms institutions from their current state to what they wish to become, while examining key topics such as:
- What institutions need to know about the strategic enrollment planning process before they begin
- Creating a culture of strategic enrollment planning to ensure buy-in and success
- Strategies for setting key performance indicators, collecting data, and conducting a situation analysis
- Strategy identification and development
- Establishing enrollment goals and identifying the return on investment
- Pricing, financial aid, and affordability
- Strategies for marketing and recruitment for traditional undergraduates, graduate students, and adult and online learners
- Student retention and completion
- Making planning a living process that evolves with the institution
The contributors offer their strategies through the lens of years of experience as campus enrollment managers and consultants who have been through the strategic enrollment planning process numerous times.
NOTE ON THE E-BOOK
The e-book version is an EPUB file and will require a compatible app or device to read:
- iOS devices: Add the EPUB file to iBooks.
- Kindle devices or app: Follow the instructions on Amazon’s Send to Kindle page.
- Windows/Android: You will need an EPUB app to read the file. See the Microsoft and Google stores for a variety of free and paid read apps.
Purchase the Paperback Edition
$29.95 plus shipping and handling
Note: This is a print-on-demand book and will require printing time before shipping.
Purchase the E-Book Edition
E-book version in EPUB format. (Note: you will need an EPUB-compatible app or device to read.)
If you have questions, please contact us.
Please note: All sales are final.
“This book provides acute insights into every aspect of strategic enrollment planning and management. It’s a must-read for presidents and senior campus leaders interested in developing a long-term enrollment plan founded on research, focused on institutional mission, and open to future opportunities.”
“This book serves as a catalyst for positioning institutions as leaders in strategic enrollment planning, with results that are a resounding success. The process invites everyone’s talents and treasures to culminate in the co-creation of a plan that yields high returns.”
“This new definitive text is a must-read for all higher education leaders, consultants, professors, and students who want to walk away with masterful, data-driven enrollment strategy and immediately applicable tactics.”
- The Future of Higher Education and the Strategic Enrollment Planning Imperative
- Building a Culture of Strategic Enrollment Planning
- The Planning Process
- KPIs, Data Collection, and the Situation Analysis
- Strategy Identification and Development
- Integrating Academic and Co-Curricular Programs
- Establishing Enrollment Goals and Identifying Return on Investment
- Plan Evaluation, Modification, and Continuation
- Marketing Strategy and Positioning
- Pricing: Creating and Harvesting Value
- Financial Aid and Affordability
- Recruitment Strategies
- Analytics, Insights, and Solutions to Improve Student Retention and Completion
- Attracting and Retaining Adult, Online, and Graduate Students
- Lessons Learned