Staci Phelan at Idaho State University Joins RNL@Home to Discuss Financial Aid and Student Support
Vice President of Research
May 15, 2020
We’re normally out on the road meeting with you on campus during these months, but we can’t do that right now. So, we welcome you once again to RNL@Home, the chance to spy on our video calls with enrollment, student success and fundraising leaders.
On this episode, Staci Phelan, Interim Associate Vice President of Enrollment Management at Idaho State University talks with RNL’s Wes Butterfield about financial aid and recruitment strategy amidst the COVID-19 crisis. Topics include the RNL tools that help strategy succeed, how the team is fielding increased student aid inquiries, and new pockets of interest that have developed amidst the crisis.
Idaho State University’s strategic enrollment and student aid efforts
Some key things that Idaho State is doing to support students and bring in the class in the COVID-19 crisis:
- Utilizing their RNL data and dashboards to quickly see trends and progress toward goals.
- Having a full virtual tour up and running, and adding a virtual housing tour.
- Extending acceptance deadlines and some scholarship deadlines.
- Reaching out to every admitted student with a personal call and providing students time to make the decision.
- Providing seven different types of Zoom meetings with current students to engage conveniently, even on nights and weekends.
- Embracing out of state students who want to attend in a less popular area, and local students who now want to stay close to home.