Kasey Urquidez from the University of Arizona Joins RNL@Home to Talk About Strategic Enrollment During COVID-19
Vice President of Research
May 18, 2020
We’re normally out on the road meeting with you on campus during these months, but we can’t do that right now. So, we welcome you once again to RNL@Home, the chance to spy on our video calls with enrollment, student success and fundraising leaders.
Kasey Urquidez, Vice President for Enrollment Management at the University of Arizona is a veteran at the institution. In this crisis, UA benefits from having a President who’s an MD, and strong campus partnerships with health sciences and the student support team. Their enrollment outreach efforts have included a lot of personal contact. RNL’s Jessica Mireles joins Kasey to hear about Arizona’s multi-tiered strategy to ensure current student success and recruit the incoming class.
How the University of Arizona is retaining and recruiting students in the COVID-19 crisis
- Personal contact with incoming students, across multiple channels, including over 500 webinars with students.
- Have a good virtual tour (of multiple areas including halls, labs and academic programs) in place. They even use Minecraft!
- Developing programs that include online and hybrid delivery in strategic areas of student interest.
- Providing direct and accessible information to both students and parents. This includes financial aid options.
- Engage across campus, from the president to student support to health services to make sure that key information gets out to families.
- Provide opportunities for social connection, regardless of the fall plans for on campus instruction.
The broad, campus-wide approach to engagement is a key part of the University’s success.