Dr. Lisa Braverman From Fairleigh Dickinson University Joins RNL@Home to Talk About Preparing to Welcome More Adult and Online Students
Vice President of Research
May 29, 2020
We’re normally out on the road meeting with you on campus during these months, but we can’t do that right now. So, we welcome you once again to RNL @Home, the chance to spy on our video calls with enrollment, student success and fundraising leaders.
Lisa R. Braverman Ph.D. is Dean of Petrocelli College of Continuing Studies at Fairleigh Dickinson University. She has led schools and colleges serving working adults for more than two decades and has championed efforts focused on partnerships with employers, developing career-enhancing short courses, certificates, and micro-credentials, and developed online programs on a budget.
Lisa sat down (virtually) with RNL’s Scott Jeffe to talk about the environment we now find ourselves in, how likely it is that adults will return to the classroom in the coming weeks and months, what we need to do to make that happen, and how to keep cultivating valuable employer partnership in these trying times. Here’s the video:
Some important things that Lisa describes as essential in today’s enrollment environment
- Be flexible and never be afraid to work with your institution to relax the rules to accommodate the student.
- Do all you can to offer discounts, deals, and special offers. There are too many options available to not approach adult recruitment as truly a sales process.
- Don’t forget your employer partners. Stay in touch. Don’t try to sell them something now, but find something to offer them over time. Be a good partner.
- Be informed about alternatives. Make the case for a college education in addition to bootcamps, corporate credentials, and other online offerings.
- Keep innovating. Use this time – the calm before the storm (?) – to move things forward on campus and BBB-build back better!.